BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 14, 2010

Varla Vendetta at the Brewhaha!


Check out the Newest Atom All Star had to say about her bout against Madison!

Shortbus

The Windy City Rollers All-Stars kicked off their 2010 season with our first public bout at Milwaukee's Brewhaha on May 23. Their track was like our home track, skatecourt, so I skated with my Juke 93A Slim. The Juke Slims handle beautifully on skatecourt. I'd started out the year with Juke 95A Slims, but found them a touch too slippery for my style of skating derby (though for speed training on wood rink floors, they were great). I've always been a fan of a grippier wheels. Though the 95As worked well when I jammed, I found myself sliding out when I took too large of a step to block. But the Juke 93A Slims are the perfect balance of speed and grip for both jamming and blocking on skate court. I'd never been able to successfully transition to the skinny wheels until I gave the Juke Slims a shot, but now I love the agility they offer. There's a big difference in the sharpness of cuts and direction change on them.

Varla Vendetta
Windy City Rollers
Atom Allstar

0 comments: