BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Atom Wheels Signs STELLA ITALIANA!




Atom Wheels is proud to introduce our newest ALL STAR - Stella Italiana!




Name: Romina Muse
Derby Name: Stella Italiana, #30

My derby name means “Italian Star.” I was born and raised in Italy, where I began speed skating at the age of 3. I competed for the Italian national team, which is how I met my husband, Dante, who was a member of the US team. I moved to Des Moines, IA, in 2003. Currently, my husband I manage a roller rink in Des Moines and chase around our 3 year old daughter, who already holds her own on skates.
I started playing roller derby in January 2010. The Des Moines Derby Dames were practicing at our rink and I began to consider playing derby. Later, I heard that Atomatrix, a friend of mine from my speed skating days, was playing derby and she loved it. After hearing this, I decided to give it a try and was hooked right away.
I currently skate for the Des Moines Derby Dames and will also begin skating for the Oly Rollers during the 2011 season. Additionally, I am delighted to be the coach of Iowa’s first junior roller derby team, the Des Moines Derby Brats. I truly enjoy exposing derby to the youth in my community and love to watch them learn the ins-and-outs of the game.
I am excited for what this year has in store for me. I would like to thank Julie and Doug for allowing me to be a part of Atom All Stars. I would also like to thank my husband and #1 fan, Dante – I couldn’t do it without your help and support.

0 comments: